My trip to Boracay last week brought me a lot of learnings, discovery, and reflection. This includes:
1. Realized that running on the beach can result to foot pain as the sand is not stable. This I encountered on my right foot arch area during the 2nd day of recovery run.
2. Consulted a physical therapist yesterday about my right leg concern. After several squats and form check, she noticed that I tend to put more weight on my right side. She suggested exercises that I can do to be more conscious of it whenever I work out.
Thinking about it, I realized that I was prone to side twisting my left foot whenever I get off balance. Subconsciously, this may have made me rely on my right foot side more for stability.
3. The two weeks practice session I had that got me motivated to do my first 10 run happened too soon. I realized I had to make time for more strengthening and prepare myself well before I level-up to 21k.
4. I was still able to do the Nike Training Club work out 3 times last week. As I focus in completing the get strong series, hope this will serve me well in preparation for the 2nd Cobra-Dragonboat regatta this June 2.
For this coming week, I intend to do the following:
1. Do 2 to 3 running sets. One in Davao (will be there for the Digital Influencer Boot Camp Davao) and at U.P. Diliman Academic Oval (after #iblog9). Need to build endurance for the 2nd Cobra-Dragonboat regatta this June 2.
2. Will start doing the pre-run workouts in the Nike Training Club as part of my program. Hope this will help me build the strength I need in the legs area.
2. Will also make time for running clinic training and physical therapy sessions to help my legs cope better as I aim to run longer distances. If all goes well, I hope to do my first 21k run this 3rd quarter.
3. Will also be fixing my schedule so I can return to swimming again soon.