This is the metabolism slowdown phase known as somatopause (or middle-age bulge). What triggers this is the decline of a body hormone – 191 – amino acid polypeptide or Somatotropin.
Check out this presentation deck to learn more about this condition and how to go about it.
Early this week, I had the opportunity to meet Coach Jim Saret, known as one of the Biggest Losers Philippines coach. Saw him on Immuvit TV commercials in the past and aware of the Biggest Losers Philippines program. But as I don’t have that much time to watch television (except for news from time to time), I just ignored it then.
But the meet-up with Coach Jim Saret happened as I participated in the Immuvit MetaFit Challenge where we are given the opportunity to learn practical techniques in improving endurance, strength, and flexibility.
I am actually a bit skeptical about fitness promotion. Have tried a lot of products and services. Usually end up with the following:
- Products that promise weight loss will not happen unless you exercise.
- Gym memberships are useless if you exercise according to your desired pace. Most trainers require special fees, in addition to gym membership, that makes the whole package expensive and at times useless if the trainer does not really monitor your progress (making your weight challenge also their personal goal to help you achieve change desired).
For people who are extremely busy, this is what Coach Jim shared:
|my face turned red after 8 minutes of MetaFit workout|
- Do the four-minute MetaFit workout first thing in the morning. Carry out the exercise with full intensity to achieve a high heartbeat rate to help boost or ignite your metabolism.
- Eat snack size meals every 2 hours. Of course, being cautious on what you eat at the same time.
- Take supplements, like Immuvit, to ensure that you don’t miss the needed nutrients of your body while slowing down aging.
- Create a simple daily journal. Mine would include:
a. Your realistic goal for one month (E.g. Be able to gain stamina while losing 10 pounds.
b. Goal for the week (E.g. Carry out 4 to 5 exercise sets in 5 minutes. Acquire the every 2-hour snack size eating habit.)
c. What did you eat for the day and at what time.
d. Achievements of the day (E.g. Reduced coffee intake to once per day. Limited meal sizes. No dessert.)
Look forward sharing with you what I achieve after the first week in my next post. Will also give another workout update by then.