I read a lot of self-development books especially in the areas of developing thinking as a skill. Although whenever I visit bookstores, novels and biographies of interesting people are also prominently on display.
The only biography I took fascination in reading was that of Queen Elizabeth I. Although it was written from a context of her being a CEO (Queen Elizabeth I: CEO). In my stock pile of unread books include Napoleon's Glance (the secret of strategy - learning from Napoleon Bonaparte) and Alexander the Great (art of strategy).
Although in modern times, politicians, business leaders, artists, sport coaches, and athletes have become famous subjects for biographies too.
One list that was brought to my attention is the best list of sports books that features stories of various famous athletes. I think a lot of prominent sports personalities, seeing how competitive they are, naturally have interesting backgrounds in life.
North Carolina male basketball Roy William's new book is just one of the many interesting biography books that can be read out there. Readers attracted to it are those aspiring to play in these teams and I guess the fans who frequent these games or place bets in sites like Sportsbook.
But if I will come up with my own list of sports biography related books that I want to read someday, it will likely include:
- Open: An Autobiography (Andre Agassi)
- Born to Run: A Hidden Tribe, Superathletes, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen (Christopher McDougall)
- When the Game Was Ours (Larry Bird, Earvin Johnson Jr. Jackie MacMullan)
- My Life Outside the Ring (Hulk Hogan)
- Where Men Win Glory: The Odyssey of Pat Tillman
- Ocho Cinco: What Football and Life Have Thrown My Way (Chad Ochocinco)
- The Machine: A Hot Team, a Legendary Season, and a Heart-stopping World Series: The Story of the 1975 Cincinnati Reds
- Sixty Feet, Six Inches: A Hall of Fame Pitcher & a Hall of Fame Hitter Talk about How the Game is Played
- Playing With Fire (Theo Fleury with Kirstie McLellan Day)
- Sweet Thunder: The Life and Times of Sugar Ray Robinson