The top 10 emerging influential blogs in 2008 gave us the opportunity to observe the changes happening in the blogging community as it shift from blogger-focused to reader-focused. As we prepare for the 2009 leg, I am very excited as to the additional lessons learned and insight that we could gain from this project.
I encourage you to subscribe to our blog and receive updates as this writing project evolves. This will keep you posted on upcoming activities too.
To be better prepared, here are some early pointers I'd like to share:
- New blogs created anytime from May 2008 to the present are qualified to be cited. They are gradually gaining a considerable amount of readership and influence.
- Old blogs who move to a new domain are disqualified
- Blogs who remove their archives just to fit in the cut-off date are disqualified.
- Bloggers interested in joining can write a blog entry beginning May 3, 2009 citing up to 10 blogs they found to be emerging and influential. I will be making a blog post at that time where link to entries can be submitted.
- Any blogger in the world can participate in this writing project.
- Any blog in the world can be cited.
- It is likely that most of the guidelines last year shall be followed for the 2009 edition with some modifications like:
- Only those with complete top 10 shall be considered and counted at the end date.
- Only those with complete top 10 and mention of sponsors shall be included in the raffle (ten winners of US$100 each).
- Writing project entries shall be accepted up to August 4, 2009 (tentative).
- A get together event shall be organized to recognize the Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs 2009 and pick the ten raffle winners. Only those who joined the writing project can attend the gathering.
- We feature one sponsor per week (logo and one paragraph blurb).
- Each sponsorship slot is US$150. Maximum is 20 slots.
- Those getting three slots and up will have their 125x125 logo appear at the sidebar of this blog.
- Those who will get the most number of sponsorship slots shall be given a 20-minutes presentation time at the recognition ceremony.
- Early sponsorship commitment can provide better exposure as we will not ask sponsor mention revision from those who will finish their entry early on.
May this serve as a worthwhile learning experience and be able to spot new blogs that are making great waves out there! Cheers!