25 Thinking Skills for Thinkers
(Click on the mind map image for a bigger view)
In Edward De Bono's Thinking Course book, there are at least twenty-five thinking skills tackled in the book that are under the following areas.
- Thinking Tool #1: PMI
- Thinking Tool #2: APC (Alternatives, Possibilities, and Choices)
- Thinking Tool #3: Provocation - Stepping Stone Method
- Thinking Tool #4: Provocation - Escape Method
- Thinking Tool #5: Provocation - Random Stimulation Method
- Thinking Tool #6: CAF
- Thinking Tool #7: C & S
- Thinking Tool #8: Dense reading and dense listening
- (will update this further)
In the real world, its application to a person like me is to make a deliberate effort to think things through, not simply following patterns and emotions that I am comfortable with.
It will also help me analyze how decisions of others are made and the thinking process applied.
In the process, be adequate in dealing with their thinking style.
I hope you will also take an interest in this topic and join the thinking activities so we can learn more from each other's experience.