The Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs in 2008
Hello everyone. I've decided to come up with a part 2 of this writing project of identifying new and emerging blogs that are making an impact to its readers in 2008. These are blogs that started anytime from July 1, 2007 to the present. They are gradually gaining a considerable amount of readership and influence.
This writing project will not be possible without the support of our major sponsor YesPinoy. Also to minor sponsors such as PRC Board Exam Results, RegaloService.com, and Fil-Am Yellow Pages.
Who can join?
- Any blogger in the world. Only one entry per blogger.
- Blog or website owner profile and e-mail is accessible or visible online.
- Write a blog post and pick your choice of 10 (or less) emerging influential blogs.
- Any blog in the world can be picked.
- You can update the same post entry up to August 4. However, please inform us of any changes.
- Old blogs who move to a new domain are disqualified
- Blogs who remove their archives just to fit in the cut-off date are disqualified.
- Include a link to this post to help spread the word and encourage others to participate.
- Post a comment and let us know about your entry. Only one entry per blogger. Cut-off date and time for submission of entries is on July 30, Wednesday. Afterwards, submission of comments in this page shall be closed.
- List the blogs that you've chosen. Only those that are blogs and created from July 2007 to the present shall be listed.
- Feature one sponsor per week (logo and one paragraph blurb).
- Each sponsorship slot is US$150.
- Those getting more than one slot will have their logo appear at the sidebar of this blog.
- Interested sponsors can email me at digitalfilipino at gmail.com
- All entries will also be put in a master list on the 2nd week onwards.
- I encourage you to subscribe to our blog and receive updates as this writing project evolves.
- Make a final review of posts. We will post a message in your entry to inform you that we've completed the review and no more updates shall be entertained afterwards.
- Note that we have the right to disqualify entries and the citations they made, if we are not able to confirm or authenticate the blogger's identity on or before August 6. This is especially true to blogs with anonymous identities and those with pre-dated entries (versus its blog date creation).
- Have an eyeball event for writing project participants.
- Announce the The Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs in 2008 based from entries received.
- Pick ten writing project entries in random who will get one hundred dollars (US$100) each.
- Only those in the entries master list (who cited at least 10 qualified blogs in their entry) shall be included in the raffle.
- Prizes are given in cash during the eyeball event or transmitted via Paypal.
- There'll be three special prize winners as well (one for each) targeted to those who helped us promote this writing project via Digg, Del.icio.us, StumbleUpon.
- Getting link love.
- Meet bloggers.
- Receive traffic (especially to those who join early on) from current and prospective participants.
- More than anything else, you will also be supporting a worthy purpose of spotting and promoting new blogs that are making great waves out there.