Last December 2004, I wrote a column piece sharing my thoughts on building and breaking brands based on personal experience.
Now, almost four years later, I am in this situation again with the DigitalFilipino.com Club. The above image is what the club is all about today. Some areas are not fully formed yet.
- Research - when the club was first marketed in December 2003, I was gradually giving one research report per month as an incentive to join.
- Online Training
- eBook - after landing a book publishing deal with McGraw-Hill Education Asia in November 2003, I used my e-commerce book as a free incentive for those who'll join the club early. In 2004, the same was done with the Philippine Internet history documentary. As my books are mostly assignment drive, I saw it as a means to conduct training.
- Podcast / Video - whenever I get the chance to meet with members, I explore having a video interviewing them (example above and blogger series). This in addition to my experiments in coming up with video/audio lectures.
- Training pages - most of the literature I created are in e-book format for download and will explore putting its entire content online. Perhaps this will also spark more active participation in the forum section.
- Face-to-face training
- Networking - this ranges from forum discussion, to eyeball or meet-ups, and creating groups within social networks. The purpose is to keep a strong presence of the group within these sites. (e.g. LinkedIn)
- Promotion - this includes disseminating updates on what they are up to, directory listing, banner ads, low-cost sponsorship and advertising opportunities.
- Publishing / Mentors program - Offer an incentive for members who joined way back when we started by developing a book/training program with them.
- Review of the Teaching Sells program
- Creating Valuable Free Prizes to Boost Success Chances
- The Secret: 13 Years of Freelancing
- 14 Challenges in Staying Remarkable
- Focusing on social objects for success
- Autoresponders - important tool for community development
- Building closer connection through book giving
- Lessons Learned in Launching and Operating a Membership Only Site