- My 3-days Software Development Policies and Procedures Workshop pushed through, when I least expect it. The class will be finished by tomorrow.
- The Philippine Schools Cyberfair Awards is now set on March 23. I was fortunate to get projects that allowed me to set aside a personal budget covering the expense for food, trophies, medals, and t-shirts. I might visit a province on April 20 should the winners in that area can't make it during the awards ceremony or teacher training.
- I am setting aside the last week of April for the DigitalFilipino.com Web Awards recognition and may organize a small forum so that club members can take advantage of the lessons learned from winners at that time.
- I'm set to speak in a conference in New Zealand next week and take a break in Adelaide, Australia.
- Will have to deal with payment of property and income taxes before taking that break.
- Send out ad per post and content development assignment to club members asap.
- Submit status reports to all SEO, advertisers, and research clients.
- Finish writing commitments and book project.
- Do all out delegates invitation hurrah for iBlog3. Aiming for 300 bloggers to attend the 2-day FREE event!
- Reactivate the DigitalFilipino.com Podcast.
Wednesday, March 21, 2007
Tuesday, March 13, 2007
Afterwards, will take a break to visit a beloved in Adelaide, Australia and be back just in time for iBlog3: the 3rd Philippine Blogging Summit.
It my first time to visit these two countries and happy to be able to update my lecture journal.
I hope to meet up with bloggers in the area and blog about this trip (and podcast as well).
Sunday, March 04, 2007
To help out in his latest pet project, we're trying to explore the possibility of conducting a series of e-commerce workshops in KorPhil starting with E-Commerce Project Planning this March 24.
Hello everyone. Here we are again! This is one FREE event that is aimed at aspiring and professional bloggers.
iBlog3: the 3rd Philippine Blogging Summit is scheduled this April 13 and 14 at the School of Economics Auditorium, UP Diliman, Quezon City. This event is being organized by the University of the Philippines Internet Society Program (UP-ISP).
To participate in this FREE event, just register at http://www.iblogph.org
Our sincerest thanks to our major sponsor IPVG (http://www.ipvg.com) for supporting this advocacy.
The agenda of this two day event is as follows:
Morning: Newbies track
9:00-9:15 Opening remarks
9:15 - 9:30 Keynote (VIP)
9:30-10:00 Blogging for Newbies (Chris Haravata)
10:00 - 10:30 Do’s and Don’ts of Personal Blogging (Lauren Dado)
10-30 - 10:45 Break
10:45 - 11: 10 Personal Blogging Success Story (Noemi Lardizabal Dado)
11:10 - 11:30 Unlocking your creative blogging potential (Marcelle Fabie)
11:30 - 12:00 What every business person should know about blogging (Arelle Valla)
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
1:00 - 1:15 Building Communities: One Blog at a time. The E-Games Experience(Jaime Enrique Y. Gonzalez, CEO, IPVG)
Art & Literary Track
1:15 - 1:40 Injecting humor in blogging (Anton De Leon)
1:40 - 2:20 Blogging as alternative publishing for comic book creators (Jonas Diego)
2:20 - 2:40 Photo Blogging (Anton Diaz)
2:40 -3:10 Literary Blogging Experience, Observations, and Trends (Dean Alfar)
3:10 - 3:30 Break
3:30 - 4:00 Philippine Libel Law and its implications on blogging
4:00 - 4:30 Bloggers Code of Ethics (Emerson Banez)
4:30 - 5:00 Blogging and Copyright Law (Atty. Jaime Soriano)
5:00 - 8:00 Raffle, Bloggers Networking, Cocktails
Blogging for Newbies
9:00 - 9:30 Abraham Olandres: Blogging Success Story (Philippines’ Most Read Blogger)
9:30 - 9:45 Sponsor slot
9:45 - 10:15 Philippine Politics and the Blogosphere (Manuel L. Quezon III)
10:15 to 10:45 Break
12:00 - 1:00 Lunch
1:00 to 1:15 Sponsor Talk
Blogging and Journalism
1:15 - 1:40 Blogging and Investigative Journalism (Alecks Pabico of PCIJ)
1:40 - 2:00 Blogging as Mainstream Media (Angelo Racoma of the Blog Herald)
2:00 - 2:20 TV Journalism and Blogging (Malou Mangahas of GMA Network)
2:20- 240 Panel Discussion (Moderated by Rachel Khan)
2:40 - 3:00 Break
Professional Blogging Panel
3:00 - 3:30 Blogging for advancing one’s career (Marc Hil Macalua)
3:30 - 4:00 Professional blogging (Jayvee Fernandez)
4:00 - 4:30 Increasing blog popularity (Gail Dela Cruz - Villanueva)
4:30 - 5:00 Raffle, group picture, networking
Thanks as well to our webcast sponsor eRadioPortal (http://www.eradioportal.com/), name badge sponsor Alfox Computer Center (http://www.alfoxcomputer.com/), and webhost Ploghost(http://www.ploghost.com/) for supporting this event. (We are still looking for one or two more major sponsor, three minor sponsors, and bandwidth sponsor)