Saying that 2007 was a hectic year for Aileen Apolo can be an underestimate. In the video enclosed in this post, she shared her humble view on how 2007 went but she is determined to outperform herself in 2008 and give more back to the community. Her being active also made me cite her several times through the year that includes:
- She received a special prize in the Filipina writing project.
- Aileen demonstrated that even new bloggers can do something big with the right connections and network. Her Taste Asia 1 and 2 at SM Mall of Asia are unbeatable events to date.
- Her blog leads the list of Top 10 Emerging Influential Blogs for 2007.
- She is one of the most popular Filipina using Twitter.
- She's a resource person in the recently concluded ICT training for women NGOs, iBlog3: the 3rd Philippine Blogging Summit. (She became one of my favorite resource persons after our successful Women on the Web, Wireless, and Outsourcing roadshow.)
- It was amusing to think that I once made a post calling for possible Valentine's Day date for her. Just to be surprised later on that that she found real love within the community.
Thanks to Filipino videographer Buddy Gancenia for taking this video shot.