I saw this interesting video of Stephen Covey online. Those who have a copy of the 8th Habit book may have seen this video already in the CD that comes along with it.
In gist, Covey shared his observations such as:
- Too often, teams are not familiar with the goals and objectives of the organization. Everyone is running on different directions instead of working together on the same goal.
- Failure of achieving goals is often caused by poor execution. Not enough time is spent on most important goals.
- Most can't identify important goals although the leaders maybe aware of it.
- Sometimes team members are not passionate about the goal. Perhaps due to lack of ownership. No involvement, no commitment.
- Some don't understand what to do to achieve the goal.
- Only when goals and objectives are clearly communicated can team members understand and contribute effectively towards its achievement.