With Blogger's current version, which has improved in so many ways, it will be hard for any newbie to consider any other platform otherwise. Reasons, in my limited experience, includes:
- Easy to set up, no need for special API codes to make some features/plug-in work.
- Easy to insert YouTube code. I had a hard time doing this in other platforms. Although I was able to do it after a few hours of research plus trial and error.
- Spam management. I find spam entering Blogger to be very rare.
- Easy to add html codes using the HTML/scripts widget. Only in special instances do you really to have to edit/customize Blogger's template source code.
- Easy to add advertisement. Blogger is not strict with that while other platforms would hardly allow you unless you host it on your own or pay a premium.
- Easy to upload photos. Up to this day, I always get an error message whenever I try to upload a photo in other platforms and had not allotted time to tinker with it, to make it work. I ended up usually just to have it FTP, or put in a third party site, then linked to it.
- I want to be spared as well from upgrade issues that I hear from other platform users once in a while.