Saturday, September 30, 2006
Despite the fact that the DigitalFilipino.com Club is a members-only site, it is interesting to see that it was able to achieve such a rank!
The book intrigued me as it challenges some of the principles espoused by Michael Porter in his book Competitive Strategy and Competitive Advantage.
Making DigitalFilipino.com work and reach where it is today is heavily inspired by the books I've read and people I met. Will share more insight in future posts. Here are some of the books that have been most interesting:
- The Six Value Medals (Edward de Bono)
- Good to Great (Jim Collins)
- High Tech Start Up (John Nesheim)
- The Power of Unfair Advantage - How to Create It, Build It and Use It to Maximum Effect (John Nesheim)
- The Mystery of Capital (Hernando Desoto)
- Built to Last (Jim Collins)
- The Effective Executive in Action: A Journal for Getting the Right Things Done (Peter Drucker)
- Failing Forward (John Maxwell)
- 8th Habit (Stephen Covey)
- 7 Habits of Highly Effective People (Stephen Covey)
- 17 Indisputable Laws of TeamWork Workbook (John Maxwell)
Monday, September 11, 2006
In celebration of One Internet Day Manila, Cebu, Davao, we also decided to align our activities with One Web Day and participated in a special blogging activity on how the Internet has changed our world.
Joel Yuvienco already started the story-telling and it inspired me to share my own insight on the topic too.
- The Internet has empowered me to work at home or wherever I want to be.
- Expand my network in no time. Met people with same interest in different parts of the country (including the world) and establish relationship.
- Easier to do research and help kids with their school work.
- Able to teach via instant messaging.
- Start my own radio program online.
- Establish my own club and grow the community.
- Create e-learning and teach online.
- Create e-books and sell it online.
- Pursue advocacies and promote them online.
- Celebrate the Internet's greatness and shout out to the world.